This year’s candidates were carefully selected from a spectacular pool of Kaua’i residents from the graduating class of 2023. The scholarships provided by Hōkūala are intended to support local students on their path to higher education after graduating high school. The scholarship winners will attend an institute of higher learning on a full-time basis during the upcoming academic year, and have demonstrated notable leadership among their peers and in the community. As a result, these students have been awarded financial assistance in the form of $1,000 per candidate to pursue their educational path.
Our winners this year are:
- Haweo Akeo – Waimea High School (University of Hawaiʻi)
- Kadee Parubrub – Kauaʻi High School (University of Arizona)
- Kaimi Silva – Kauaʻi High School (Oregon State University)
- Lilinoe Naihe – Kanuikapono Charter School (Grand Canyon University)
- Maeani Arbilera – Waimea High School (Weber State University)
- Skylar Stewart – Island School (Colorado State University)
“Everyone at Hōkūala Kaua‘i extends our best wishes to these fine young men and women in their pursuit of a higher education,” said Chris Gampon, General Manager. “We would like to thank all of the students who applied for a scholarship and congratulate those who were selected this year. We are proud to honor these remarkable young adults and feel confident they will continue to excel in their academic endeavors.”
On July 15th, 2023, Hōkūala hosted its 2nd annual Scholarship Luncheon to celebrate the winners of this year’s Hōkūala Scholarships.
We look forward to seeing these young individuals flourish!